We are looking for a skilled consultant with a proven track record for high quality and impactful delivery. A true craftsman with experience using elements of the Lightbend Reactive Platform (Java/Scala, Akka, Play, Lagom, Spark) who also enjoys breaking down tough problems, and enabling clients to deliver critical solutions.
- Advise, assist and support software architects, engineers, product and business owners to evolve architectures and design technical solutions.
- Consult with clients in small to large organizations to integrate the Lightbend stack into their development environment.
- Actively develop software using modern technologies like Java, Scala, Akka, Lagom and Play Framework.
- Enable our clients to successfully design and implement software solutions based on the Reactive Platform through workshops, mentoring, code reviews, etc.
- Manage software projects and customer expectations.
- Assist in pre-sales opportunities, marketing webinars, conferences and other promotions.
- Opportunity to travel extensively.
Candidates can potentially live anywhere in North America. This is much more than a coding position - we are looking for true consultants and technology leaders with a deep technical background.
- are a developer and evangelist of the Lightbend Reactive Platform; Scala, Akka, Play, Java and Spark,
- have experience in distributed architecture and functional programming concepts.
- have a consulting background and experience working with multiple clients.
- are a voracious learner, ready to take on new technologies and techniques quickly and constantly.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills in at least English.
- are skillful at interacting and working with people; working with a self-organized lean and agile team to mitigate key project technical risks, managing effort and ensuring quality.
- are dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- are biased towards action on tough problems and issues, and focused on your client's success.
- are an agent of change who is constantly learning and seeking better outcomes.
- are passionate about enabling others to adopt new technologies.
- have experienced many different kinds of projects and methodologies, and know the difference between the effective and the hype.
- hold at least a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- have at least 2 years experience with JVM-based languages and systems.
- be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
What we offer:
Lightbend is a welcoming, transparent, and highly distributed company dedicated to creating high-performance systems that bring success to all who use them. With a strong focus on work-life balance, our company offers a fast-paced, collaborative environment mixed with challenging and engaging work. This combination has attracted and retained some of the brightest minds in our technology communities.
Lightbend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click HERE to apply or use one of the following links