Lightbend (Twitter: @lightbend) provides the leading Reactive application development platform for the JVM that meets the demands of today’s business apps including Internet-of-Things (IoT), Web, and Mobile applications. With the Lightbend Reactive Platform, including Play Framework, Akka, and Scala, developers can deliver highly responsive user experiences backed by a resilient and event-driven application stack that scales effortlessly on multi-core and cloud computing architectures. Reactive Platform makes it easy for engineering teams to build Reactive software applications that are massively distributed while reducing the headaches and risks associated with managing microservice-based applications in production. Adoption of the Lightbend Reactive platform is growing rapidly and we are looking for high-energy, high-performance sale engineers to help us capture this new market.
Current opening is flexible as to location. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
- Qualifying customer requirements and articulating Lightbend's ability to meet these requirements.
- Working with the Sales Reps/Managers and design strategy to drive sales into strategic accounts.
- Ensure successful customer POCs through management of acceptance criteria & issue resolution.
- Partner education and deal support through effective mentoring and product positioning.
- Developing and delivering company/product presentations and demonstrations 1:1 and 1:many.
- Being an active member of the field feedback process to the Product Management team.
- Engagement of the Scala/Akka/Play/Spark/Big Data communities through attendance to community events and the delivery of Lightbend content.
- Understanding of Infrastructure (Mesosphere, Kubernetes) and the Lightbend Fast Data Platform; Scala or Java, Spark, Kafka, Flink, HDFS, and the Lightbend Reactive Platform for microservices, including Akka, Lagom, and Play.
- You’re passionate about what you’re doing and ignite people around you.
- You know your way around Open Source Software and can prove/show it.
- Team with Sales Reps and Managers to develop sales strategies for the Reactive Platform
- Create and deliver customer-centric presentations and solution designs
- Present architectures and business benefits to all levels of the Enterprise – Dev, Arch, CTO, CIO
- Provide sales support Sales Reps, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and Support
- Transform customer feedback into actionable product roadmap items
- Solution Architecture/Engineering experience in a consulting or development practice (able to listen to customer requirements, whiteboard and propose solution architecture, and get hands-on with the tech to design, build, and demonstrate real business value)
- Streaming experience (Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Solr, etc.)
- Experience implementing other software infrastructure, data and development technologies
- Start-up company experience
What we offer:
Lightbend is a welcoming, transparent, and highly distributed company dedicated to creating high-performance systems that bring success to all who use them. With a strong focus on work-life balance, our company offers a fast-paced, collaborative environment mixed with challenging and engaging work. This combination has attracted and retained some of the brightest minds in our technology communities.
Lightbend is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click HERE to apply or use one of the following links