Lightbend is seeking a Developer Support Engineer to provide first-class technical support services for its open source technologies and commercial products. As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be expected to assist developers, architects, and system administrators to overcome issues more challenging than those on Stack Overflow. You will also help build and maintain Lightbend sites and internal tools.
The work we do is extremely rewarding, and on a daily basis you get to interact with and support developers all over the world, working on the most innovative applications you can imagine! This support, while only given to individual developers, could end up helping millions of users down the road. As part of the Lightbend Support Team, you will act as the voice of the customer to influence product roadmaps and improve the customer experience. This role is critical to building customer relationships that contribute to the overall success of the company.
In this position you will:
The Lightbend Support Team ensures that our customers are successful. Activities for this role include:
- Manage day-to-day interactions with our customers with clear and honest expectation setting, along with a friendly and collaborative disposition, with the end goal of complete satisfaction of each customer.
- Continually expanding the depth and breadth of expertise across the entire Lightbend platform.
- Assist in developing internal tools and plugins that make it easier for the support team and engineering to improve customer experience.
- Proactively monitor customer issues until they are fully resolved, keeping the customer informed along the way.
- Address support requests that are escalated to our team from other teams within the company.
- Escalate issues that require more in-depth knowledge in a timely manner to engineering.
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen to customers and show empathy to the customer’s business impact when they experience issues with our products.
- Investigate product related issues both for individual customers and for common trends that may arise.
- Participate in rotational weekend on-call roster for critical support needs.
- Guide customers on the best practices of upgrades, patches, and maintenance.
- Engage with operations and product teams to build, drive and improve our tools and processes. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
The ideal candidate will be both technical and customer oriented with the following qualifications and experience:
- A positive attitude towards feedback and continual improvement
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience with Scala
- Strong familiarity with Akka middleware, Play web framework and database architecture, including Slick
- Additionally, experience in devops technology, especially Kubernetes
- Fundamentals in algorithms, functional programming, software design and data science and a degree of proficiency with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Cassandra, Storm, Hadoop) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies.
- Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- other components centered around the Lightbend platform (Kafka, Flink, Mesos)
- other application development technologies (e.g. Spring, Grails, Maven, JUnit, etc.)
- other development technologies (e.g. Ruby)
What we offer:
Lightbend is a welcoming, transparent, and highly distributed company dedicated to creating high-performance systems that bring success to all who use them. With a strong focus on work-life balance, our company offers a fast-paced, collaborative environment mixed with challenging and engaging work. This combination has attracted and retained some of the brightest minds in our technology communities.
Lightbend is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If this position has piqued your interest and you have what we described - we invite you to apply! An adventure awaits you.
Click HERE to apply or use one of the following links