As a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) for Lightbend, your job is to create and manage the external positioning for our technologies and our subscription. In this important role, you will develop external product positioning, messaging, and collateral as well as a full library of sales enablement materials. You will report to our Chief Storyteller who is based in Prague, Czech Republic.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Co-develop and implement messaging platforms that clearly position the company, our products, and our subscription offerings in the marketplace
- Create high-impact internal and customer-facing materials that clearly communicate the value and unique advantage of our products and subscription
- Develop vertical-specific content and materials to better reach target industries and partner-specific materials to support our key channel partners
- Develop website content to drive sales through clear, high-impact company and product information
- Develop and manage product collateral including datasheets, white papers, and survey/reports
- Develop and manage sales tools including sales presentations, ROI calculators, needs analysis tools, scripts, letters, and positioning documents
- Assist with sales training on product positioning – ensure all sales members can internalize and clearly communicate our product positioning and message
What does an ideal candidate look like?
At Lightbend, a PMM should be a strong English language writer with experience developing high-impact sales and marketing materials for a successful software company. A background in cloud-based distributed systems and knowledge of code/computer science is preferred, though not required. An interest and sense of curiosity in learning how to strongly communicate the cutting edge technologies that Lightbend creates is, however, required.
Some specific qualities we are looking for are:
- 3+ years of software/services product management / product marketing experience
- Excellent verbal presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of establishing credibility with key customers, prospects and business partners, sales, customer support and development
- Experience in developing effective and creative product marketing collateral, such as datasheets, white papers, blog posts, video primers, and reports
- See ambiguity as an opportunity to positively influence the roadmap of the department
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, highly remote team spread over 15 countries and 5 timezones
- Ability to travel, up to 20% within the US and internationally
What We Offer:
Lightbend is a welcoming, transparent, and highly distributed company dedicated to creating high-performance systems that bring success to all who use them. With a strong focus on work-life balance, our company offers a fast-paced, collaborative environment mixed with challenging and engaging work. This combination has attracted and retained some of the brightest minds in our technology communities.
Lightbend is an Equal Opportunity Employer