This job posting is open to all West Coast, not specifically San Francisco.
Lightbend (Twitter: @lightbend) provides the leading Reactive application development platform for the JVM that meets the demands of today’s business apps including Internet-of-Things (IoT), Web, and Mobile applications. With the Lightbend Reactive Platform, including Play Framework, Akka, and Scala, developers can deliver highly responsive user experiences backed by a resilient and event-driven application stack that scales effortlessly on multi-core and cloud computing architectures. Reactive Platform makes it easy for engineering teams to build Reactive software applications that are massively distributed while reducing the headaches and risks associated with managing microservice-based applications in production. Adoption of the Lightbend Reactive platform is growing rapidly, and we are looking for high-energy, high-performance sales engineers to help us capture this new market.
Candidates can apply to work from anywhere. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
This is a sales engineering role and a key requirement is prior sales engineering experience.
- Working with Sales Representatives and Sales Management to build strategies to drive sales into strategic accounts.
- Qualify customer requirements and articulating Lightbend's ability to meet these requirements.
- Ensure successful customer POCs through management of acceptance criteria & issue resolution.
- Partner education and deal support through effective mentoring and product positioning.
- Developing and delivering company and product presentations and demonstrations 1:1 and 1:many.
- Being an active member of the field feedback process to the Product Management team.
- Engagement of the Scala/Akka/Play/Spark/Big Data communities through attendance to community events and the delivery of Lightbend content.
- Understanding of Infrastructure (Mesosphere, Kubernetes) and the Lightbend Platform; Scala or Java, Spark, Kafka, Flink, HDFS, microservices, including Akka, Lagom, and Play.
- You’re passionate about what you’re doing and ignite people around you.
- You know your way around Open Source Software and can prove/show it.
- Team with Sales Representatives and Sales Management to build strategies to drive sales into strategic accounts.
- Create and deliver customer-centric presentations and solution designs.
- Present architectures and business benefits to all levels of the Enterprise – Developer, Architects, CTO, CIO.
- Provide sales support Sales Representatives, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and Technical Support
- Transform customer feedback into actionable product roadmap items
- Solution Architecture/Engineering experience in a consulting or development practice (able to listen to customer requirements, whiteboard and propose solution architecture, and get hands-on with the tech to design, build, and demonstrate real business value)
- Streaming experience (Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Solr, etc.)
- Experience implementing other software infrastructure, data and development technologies
- Start-up company experience
What we offer:
Lightbend is a welcoming, transparent, and highly distributed company dedicated to creating high-performance systems that bring success to all who use them. With a strong focus on work-life balance, our company offers a fast-paced, collaborative environment mixed with challenging and engaging work. This combination has attracted and retained some of the brightest minds in our technology communities.
Lightbend is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click HERE to apply or use one of the following links